Sunday, June 10, 2012

Memory

I both fear and hope that many of the wonderful memories I have of the last couple years since Yusuf and Nooriya have come will be replaced by lots of new ones.

For when that happens, there's one memory in particular I want to write down.  Nooriya still prefers to drink her milk in somebody's lap.  Usually it's me or Zahra.  Though it's less often that it's me now, and sometime in the near future she may not even want a lap.

She is full of energy all the time, but when she drinks her milk there is a few moments of stillness.  She focuses all her energy on holding your thumb.  She tries to put her thumbnail in between your thumb and thumbnail.  It doesn't hurt, but it doesn't feel nice either.  For some reason, Zahra likes it.  I am not sure why I let her do it.  But, I am sure I want to remember this.

No comments: