Friday, April 27, 2012

There will come a day...

Today when I left for work Nooriya was in diapers and when I get home from work she won't be.  Potty training starts today.  A small part of me is feeling thrilled that I won't really have diapers in my life.

When Yusuf left diapers I remember being thrilled, we had half as much stuff to carry around and worry about.  It was so liberating.  One kid out of diapers, but we still had one in diapers.  We still had plenty of stuff left.  This time we're getting to almost no stuff to think about. 

On the whole, it'll be nice to not have to do diapers.  But I'm not thrilled; mostly, I'm kinda bummed today.  Today Nooriya starts to not need diapers and changing her diaper is just one less thing she needs from me.

Today diapers...Tomorrow?

No comments: