Wednesday, December 30, 2009

Little things and little ones

I have been re-reading some old posts and was struck by one in particular, little things. Three years ago I took stock of my life to that point and reflected on how seemingly little things could shape who I was.

Fast forward to December 2009, I can hardly believe that I have two little kids of my own and all that has happened in the last three years. Again, I am taking stock of all the "little things" I have done and thought that have shaped the person who I am and want to be. I am taking stock of the things that are different now and those that are unchanged, trying not to be distracted by what seemed important at the time.

Having kids has changed things so much for me. Not only am I constantly shaping the future Yusuf and Nooriya, but they are shaping me as well. These little ones constantly remind me of what's truly important. They have given me this lens, one that I previously had only glimpsed, to evaluate things in my life. Thanks.

No comments: