Tuesday, October 18, 2011

Being important

I want to write down and capture how I've been feeling about my job change.

I still have the same thoughts as I did when I made the change and I still know in my heart of hearts I made the right move. I have more time with Zahra, Yusuf and Nooriya, a shorter commute, a less stressful job, I don't bring work home with me; basically I'm getting paid more to do less. Lots of stuff on the pro side; this is great, what more could I ask for?

I need to be realistic; I went from working for one corporation to working for another. I didn't start making the world better (or at least better off than in my other job). This is awesome though, I know it is. But I still have this nagging feeling I can't shake. I feel unimportant at work, I'm of little consequence. I used to be important. People used to ask for my opinion and my perspective on things. Now, I don't feel like I'm spending my workday usefully and I'm bored.

No comments: