The garden keeps on giving 😃
Gardening is a mindset and not simply an activity. The mindset is about planting seeds. Investing time/energy/resources/money and seeing the rewards or not seeing them.
Fruits and blossoms may come at the end of the season. They may come after a year. They may come after several year. The fruits may come again and again and again. They come after we're gone. They will come though. Invest in good things and the rewards will be that much better.
This is the mindset part. The mindset is to nurture. The mindset is simply to care. The mindset is to treat life as a garden and not transactional.
I was prompted to think about this the other day. I met a friend and a former colleague for coffee. He's had a tough go being out of work for a long while. He's very talented, but he's got some obstacles. I mostly listened as he talked about what he had going on.
I later connected him with a recruiter at my work which led to an interview. I'm not sure what that will lead to. That almost is irrelevant I came to realize later. It'll lead to something. It doesn't matter if I'm sure or not. It doesn't matter if I'm around to see it. It'll come. I did get to see him leave our meeting a little happier and more energetic than when he came. That alone was more than worth the time.
Taher, make the investment. Taher, be confident that the fruit will come even if you can't see.
No comments:
Post a Comment