Friday, September 18, 2026

Hisab

Sabaq was awesome today as expected. I started the day not in the right headspace though. I was lucky to start the day hearing Moula’s kalama. 


He talked about hisab, accounting.  Khuda’s hisab is perfect. There are no mistakes and it’s done immediately. 


Moula gave the example of jaman being wasted. He spoke of the hisab that gets written even if it’s the smallest amount. He gave the example of the small amount a single ant can carry. There’s hisab for that little bit too.


I’m 100% certain I only understand a small fraction of the knowledge and wisdom that Moula shares. 


He was speaking about something broader I believe. He was talking about the importance of small things. Or rather what we perceive incorrectly as small. There are no small things


Moula said not to just listen with your ears, but listen with your heart and soul. Let the asar make as much of a mark on you as you can. 


Moula said several ayats about hisab and those naseebdar in the waaz repeated it. Please make me one of those!  I did know one. I’ll always think of 


فَمَنْ يَعْمَلْ مِثْقَالَ ذَرَّةٍ خَيْرًا يَرَهُ


Do the smallest of the good things.


وَمَنْ يَعْمَلْ مِثْقَالَ ذَرَّةٍ شَرًّا يَرَهُ


Avoid the smallest of the bad things. 


We learned from a zahir kitab today. The person who wrote it did khidmat of four imams. He did khidmat day and night. He gained one tenth of one tenth of the imam’s ilm. We learned from his kitab and do dua for yaree, help, to understand one tenth of one tenth of that. 


We can only understand what we perceive as small. Moula proceeded to explain the small good will benefit us now AND later when we need. I made a connection to what I learned in Ashara. 


The smallest acts of good and the small acts of bad magnify over time. We shouldn’t think of them as small. 


Just like fruits, it can take years. They come though. 


Taher, do it. The benefits will come. Have faith that they will come. 

No comments: