Sunday, September 06, 2026

Comback

I’m at BBA and I’m enjoying being a spectator. The highs and lows are so much more extreme for me now than when I competed. 


There’s something that can be understood best in sports, but I realize it’s bigger than sports. It’s just easier to see in sports. It’s about competing and never giving up. 


I’ve seen this happen in games.  It’s so clear in sports. There’s a scoreboard and the games end with a clear winner. 


A couple examples in sports is when the Clippers came back from 35 points down to win in the final seconds. They were essentially out and if there was a mercy rule in the NBA it probably would have applied. 


Another example is the Bears vs Packers multiple times in 2026. Once people went home at halftime because the game seemed hopeless. The Bears beats all odds to win. The other was so electric that Yusuf and his cousin left the car to celebrate in -10 degree night without jackets. 


In 2017, the Patriots had a massive comeback against the Falcons. In the biggest game. They were all but out. 


Last night, a team on with TWO Hail Marys. 


The teams all never gave up. 


It’s not so clear in life. You can’t always see the win. Adab is the equivalent of doing the fundamentals. These comebacks didn’t happen because these teams were lucky. They happened because they each focused on the fundamentals for the next play. 


Taher, don’t ever give up. Focus on the fundamentals.


No comments: